Turning winter squash right into a enjoyable and scrumptious aspect dish is really easy! Plus, studying roast butternut squash means you could flip it into enjoyable shapes, serve them as “fries”, and even add further flavors like brown sugar or rosemary. All in lower than 20 minutes!
Tips on how to Roast Butternut Squash
I do know that winter squash is usually a little intimidating to cook dinner they usually can appear labor intensive, however I’m right here to let you know that it’s possible a lot simpler than you notice! With a couple of minutes of prep work, you may get this straightforward aspect dish into the oven and serve up a enjoyable veggie to please the youngsters.
TIP: Utilizing cookie cutters to chop out shapes takes no further time than simply chopping into cubes and it’s a enjoyable method to shock the youngsters once they come to the desk!
Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
This winter squash recipe is really easy since all it’s essential to do is to toss the reduce squash with olive oil and bake it on a sheet pan. You actually don’t want any particular gear or abilities to make it occur!
Elements in Oven-Roasted Butternut Squash
To make this straightforward butternut squash recipe, you simply want the squash and olive oil. You possibly can add further flavorings should you’d like, however the fundamental recipe is so good and really easy.
TIP: You should use a complete butternut squash or begin with a bag of precut bought squash from the produce part of your retailer.
Tips on how to Roast Butternut Squash Step by Step
To make this straightforward youngsters recipe, right here’s what you’ll must do.
- Peel the squash to take away the outer layer. You simply need the brilliant orange flesh to work with.
- Lower off the thinner a part of the squash and reduce into 1/2-inch rounds. Take away the seeds from the center of the thicker half, discard, and slice into rounds.
- Lower into cubes, use a zig zag slicer to chop into “fries” or use cookie cutters to chop into shapes.
- Add to a bowl and toss with olive oil.
- Organize on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake, including non-obligatory spices as desired.
- Take away from the oven when simply gentle to the contact.
TIP: It’s best to chop shapes out with a cookie cutter in case your squash slices are about 1/2-inch thick. It’s possible you’ll wish to put a towel over the cookie cutter earlier than urgent right down to make it slightly extra comfy in your hand.
Can I make this butternut squash recipe forward of time?
Completely! I typically make a batch to drag out for a straightforward lunch or dinner aspect all through the week. Simply let the sheet pan of cooked squash cool absolutely, then retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days within the fridge.
Finest Means To Make Roasted Butternut Squash Cubes
You possibly can in fact reduce a complete butternut squash into cubes as described above, however you can even begin with a bag of precut butternut squash from the grocery retailer to shave a number of time without work of the preparation on this recipe. Search for the squash within the produce part of your retailer.
Brown Sugar Butternut Squash
So as to add slightly further sweetness to this recipe, you may sprinkle the shapes or cubes with a tiny little bit of brown sugar. It should caramelize slightly and lend a yummy taste the youngsters will possible love!
What ought to I serve this roasted butternut squash with?
We like this roasted squash as a easy aspect dish with scrambled eggs, sandwiches, hen tenders, or tofu nuggets. Or we prefer to make butternut squash pasta by including a number of the roasted cubes to a dish of spaghetti with Further Veggie Marinara Sauce. It can be added to a packed lunch or be a stand alone snack or snack part—with or and not using a dip like Ketchup. It’s very versatile!
Suggestions for Making the Finest Roasted Butternut Squash
- If serving to a baby underneath 1, don’t add salt.
- Select one spice combo—salt; cinnamon and brown sugar; cumin and salt; OR crushed rosemary and salt—if desired.
- Goal to chop the squash to a fair thickness so the items bake on the identical time.
- Unfold the squash in a fair layer on the pan in order that they cook dinner evenly.
- Grease the foil to make sure that the squash doesn’t persist with the pan.
- Use precut retailer purchased butternut squash if desired.
I’d love to listen to what your loved ones thinks of this recipe, so please remark beneath to share!
Lower the squash into cubes, shapes, or “fries” primarily based on what your youngsters could like.
- 1 medium butternut squash (or four cups precut cubes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt; cinnamon and brown sugar; cumin and salt; OR crushed rosemary and salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 levels F and line a baking sheet with foil. Coat with nonstick spray.
- Take away the peel from the squash with a vegetable peeler or with a knife.
- Lower the “neck”, or the skinnier a part of the squash into 1/2-inch rounds.
- Lower into cubes, “fries” utilizing a zig zag slicer, or into shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place on a greased foil-lined baking sheet in a single even layer. Sprinkle with non-obligatory spices.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or till gentle when poked a fork.
If serving to a baby underneath 1, don’t add salt.
Select one spice combo—salt; cinnamon and brown sugar; cumin and salt; OR crushed rosemary and salt—if desired.
Goal to chop the squash to a fair thickness so the items bake on the identical time.
Unfold the squash in a fair layer on the pan in order that they cook dinner evenly.
Grease the foil to make sure that the squash doesn’t persist with the pan.
Use precut retailer purchased butternut squash if desired and easily roast the cubes.