Do this easy Butternut Squash Hummus recipe for a veggie-packed dip or unfold to serve with crackers, veggies, or bread. It’s really easy to make, shops effectively for days—and is wealthy in pure sweetness, protein, fiber, and Vitamin C!
Butternut Squash Hummus
It’s really easy so as to add further vitamins to hummus, and including butternut squash additionally provides a barely candy taste. This makes it an ideal unfold or dip for teenagers to pair with crackers, sliced veggies, or one other favourite dipper.
TIP: This recipe works effectively to make forward and serve all through the week when you prefer to meal prep.
Components in Butternut Squash Hummus
To make this recipe you’ll want:
- Roasted or pureed butternut squash
- Lemon juice
TIP: You should use canned pureed butternut squash, or you possibly can roast the squash forward of time like I did right here. Both approach works!
How one can Make Butternut Squash Step by Step
To make this simple hummus recipe, right here’s what you’ll do.
- Determine which sort of squash you’re going to make use of (pureed or roasted) and cook dinner it if wanted.
- Add all components to a meals processor or blender.
- Add a bit water if wanted to achieve a creamy consistency. Season to style with salt.
TIP: Utilizing a blender will create a barely smoother remaining hummus, however you might want to make use of the stick that got here with it to maneuver the components round.
How one can Serve Butternut Squash Hummus
We prefer to have this in sandwiches or on toast or as a dip with veggies, crackers, or bread sticks. My ladies had been served hummus commonly at daycare, so that they prefer to eat it as a dip…although my toddler has been identified to eat it with a spoon!
How lengthy can I retailer this hummus?
This hummus shops effectively in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days within the fridge.
Can I make this with out chickpeas?
Certain, you should utilize white beans as a substitute of the chickpeas when you favor.
Can I make this with out tahini?
Sure, simply use plain Greek yogurt as a substitute.
Suggestions for Making the Greatest Butternut Squash Hummus
- Use canned or house cooked chickpeas. If utilizing canned, take into account rinsing and draining to take away any extra salt.
- Use canned pureed butternut squash, selfmade mashed butternut squash, or roasted butternut squash.
- Let cooked squash cool earlier than beginning the hummus.
- To make this with out tahini, use an equal quantity of plain Greek yogurt.
- Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days.
- Use in sandwiches or as a diffusion for toast. Strive as a dip with veggies resembling cucumbers or snap peas, or with crackers.
I’d love to listen to your suggestions on this recipe when you strive it, so please remark under to share!
You should use canned squash or entire squash that you just’ve roasted and pureed.
- 2 cups chickpeas (drained and rinsed if canned)
- 1 cup pureed or roasted and cubed butternut squash
- Three tablespoons tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- half–1 teaspoon salt
- half–3/4 cup water
- Recent veggies, crackers, and/or toast, as desired
- Mix all components in a meals processor.
- Course of till easy, including as a lot water as wanted to create a lightweight and fluffy hummus.
- Regulate salt as wanted.
- Function a dip or unfold on toast or bread.
Use canned or house cooked chickpeas. If utilizing canned, take into account rinsing and draining to take away any extra salt.
Use canned pureed butternut squash, selfmade mashed butternut squash, or roasted butternut squash.
To roast squash, minimize into cubes (or purchase precut) and toss with olive oil. (A medium squash will make about Four cups cubes and needs to be tossed with 1 tablespoon olive oil.) Roast for 16-20 minutes on a foil-lined baking sheet at 400 levels F or till comfortable.
Let cooked squash cool earlier than beginning the hummus.
To make this with out tahini, use an equal quantity of plain Greek yogurt.
Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days.
Use in sandwiches or as a diffusion for toast. Strive as a dip with veggies resembling cucumbers or snap peas, or with crackers.
Use white beans as a substitute of chickpeas for a white bean dip.
Strive mashed roasted candy potato as a substitute of butternut squash.