Skip to main content
Home made Popcorn
Whether or not you’re planning your loved ones film evening or simply craving one thing to munch after college, popcorn’s your go-to. It’s enjoyable to make it your self! And it’s whole-grain and cheap too. Our technique is straightforward when you get the hold of it: simply learn by the steps earlier than you begin, after which attempt to comply with them fairly precisely.
Massive, heavy pot with lid
Massive serving bowl
2 tablespoons vegetable, olive, or coconut oil
1⁄Three cup popcorn kernels
Kosher salt and seasonings (when you like)
- Put the oil within the pot and add 2 popcorn kernels. Put the pot on the range and switch the warmth to medium-high.
- Cowl the pot and await the two kernels to pop, 3–four minutes. As soon as they pop, flip off the warmth and take the pot off the range. Now you understand the oil is scorching sufficient to pop the kernels evenly.
- Put the remainder of the popcorn kernels within the pot and placed on the lid. Utilizing the pot holders to carry the lid in place, shake the pot properly (you would possibly want your grownup for this). Depart the pot for 1 minute to warmth up the kernels.
- Flip the warmth again to medium-high, and wait. Utilizing the pot holders to carry the lid in place, give the pot a superb shake once in a while.
- After a couple of minutes, the popcorn will begin popping—slowly at first, after which virtually . As soon as the popping has slowed down virtually to a cease (this can take a couple of minute), take the pot off the warmth and set it apart to complete popping for 1 minute.
- Add salt and/or your favourite seasoning and provides the pot one final shake, then pour the popcorn into the bowl.
Season your popcorn with a number of of those. Begin with 1 teaspoon and shake it round, then style it and add extra when you like:
- Curry powder
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Celery salt
- Grated lime zest
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Your favourite seasoning mix (Italian, Cajun, taco, Previous Bay, and so on.)