My residence county! Plenty of you advised me that you just wish to see a gluten free Somerset information, so right here you can see some suggestions and proposals for that stunning a part of England. I go to the world regularly and my dad and mom (of whom my mum is coeliac too) nonetheless stay in Tub and helpfully shared their suggestions with me too.
I’ve listed cities and villages in alphabetical order, to make it simple so that you can discover what you might be searching for. The information isn’t all-encompassing and I’ll add extra locations as and after I go to them. In case you have any native suggestions you wish to see included on this gluten free Somerset information, please do e mail them to me at [email protected]
This small market city close to the Mendip Hills has a few gluten free pleasant meals choices:
- The Almshouse Tea Store – selfmade gluten free desserts normally out there. Capable of cater gluten free breakfasts too.
- The Oak Home – gluten free choices out there on their lunch and dinner menus, though restricted for dessert decisions.
My hometown. Tub is a phenomenal UNESCO World Heritage Metropolis and a superb weekend break vacation spot within the South West. Cute boutiques and gin bars are dotted across the metropolis centre, plus a great deal of impartial eating places. Head to the encompassing countryside for wonderful walks and traditional nation pubs. As I’m from Tub initially I’ve plenty of gluten free suggestions, all written up in my Tub gluten free information. Hit the hyperlink beneath to view it in full.
One other market city, set amidst the Somerset ranges on the river. Listed below are some gluten free Bridgwater choices in case you occur to be visiting or within the space:
- The Nice Escape – excellent for gluten free as employees have good information and loads of the menu objects will be tailored.
- Piggy’s Sandwich Bar – first rate gluten free choices, together with quiche, bread and desserts. Their Fb web page regular particulars the gluten free choices they’ve out there that week, which could be very helpful.
- Inexperienced Olive Mezze – this Mediterranean restaurant has a gluten free menu out there and are very accommodating of gluten free diners.
- Admiral’s Desk – this pub has a NGCI (non gluten containing elements) menu…the annoying method of claiming gluten free however made in a blended kitchen. There may be loads of selection although so maybe pop in to speak to them in case you are coeliac to verify they’ll cater for you.
- Taart – this cafe normally has gluten free choices and desserts out there.
- Prezzo – Italian chain restaurant with gluten free menu and Coeliac UK accreditation.
Somerset seaside city with Britain’s shortest pier and a few good coastal walks. Time for gluten free fish and chips:
- Esplanade Fish Bar – gluten free fish and chips cooked in a devoted fryer.
- Artful Tea Cup – this vibrant cafe presents some coeliac-friendly gluten free choices. In addition they supply dairy free and vegan decisions.
An excellent base for visiting lovely Cheddar Gorge and the close by cave system, Cheddar presents a number of gluten free choices:
- Lion Rock Tea Rooms – within the gorge itself, these tea rooms have a separate gluten free menus (breakfast, lunch, youngsters and afternoon tea) and are very welcoming of coeliac friends. They even supply a full gluten free afternoon tea, which is an excellent discover! Different menu highlights embrace scones, pancakes, full English breakfast, Ploughman’s lunch and chocolate fudge cake.
- Cafe Gorge – reverse Lion Rock Tea Rocks, this cafe additionally presents a choice of gluten free decisions.
- Edelweiss Restaurant – positioned within the village subsequent to the river, this cafe restaurant presents a variety of gluten free choices.
- The Tub Arms – this pub presents some good gluten free decisions, that are clearly marked on the menu. Hearsay has it they even supply gluten free fish and chips, however please do name to test concerning the fryer scenario on the day if in case you have your coronary heart set on them.
- Holly Home – one other tea rooms en path to the gorge. I couldn’t discover any current info however older opinions on Journey Advisor point out that that they had an excellent gluten free providing.
Chew Valley Lake
Not an enormous vacation spot in itself however good for a lunch cease in case you are passing. There’s a fab chippy right here that gives gluten free meals:
- Salt & Malt – crispy, crunchy battered fish with piles of chips and a facet of mushy peas. All of the batter right here is gluten free and they’re clued up re cross contamination, utilizing a devoted fryer for the chips. In addition they have gluten free tartar sauce, curry sauce and chip vinegar.
On the ocean, near Bristol and with some good views and loads of gluten free decisions:
- Tiffin Tea Home – simply by the pier. My dad and mom have been right here a number of instances and say they normally have gluten free bread out there at lunch and a few desserts choices out there for afternoon tea. It’s in a beautiful spot overlooking the Severn Estuary.
- Teatro Lounge – a restaurant in the identical constructing because the Curzon cinema providing numerous gluten free choices on its menu.
- Scoozi Ristorante – this Italian eating places presents a gluten free menu, which incorporates a variety of gluten free pasta dishes and risotto.
- Clevedon Fish Bar – Tuesday evening is gluten free evening!
Frome has developed into one thing of a hipster weekend vacation spot now, with its cobbled streets and impartial outlets interesting to Londonites heading for some Somerset contemporary air. It has modified a lot over the past decade and now has fairly a big selection of cafes and eating places providing coeliac pleasant gluten free choices:
- The Backyard Cafe – one in all my high Frome picks as they’ve such a cute terrace out again! Backyard Cafe could be very coeliac pleasant with a gluten free possibility out there for a lot of the menu objects, all clearly marked up.
- The Store Subsequent Door – linked to the Backyard Cafe is that this store, which sells a great deal of gluten free merchandise, in addition to some contemporary baked gluten free items. Once we visited that they had gluten free pastry tarts and bliss balls on the contemporary counter.
- Sagebury Superb Meals – a cheese store and deli with a few tables for consuming in. Gluten free choices are restricted (the broader menu isn’t enormous both) however they do have a few decisions, that are proven in a bit of devoted part of their menu.
- Frome Wholefoods – throughout the highway from Sagebury you’ll spot this well being meals store, which sells a variety of gluten free merchandise.
- Cafe La Strada – plenty of gluten free choices embrace gluten free desserts. My mum (additionally coeliac like me) is a fan of this cafe and has eaten right here a number of instances. The gluten free desserts are saved on their very own shelf.
- Barnacle Invoice’s – excellent in your traditional British fish and chips, Barnacle Invoice’s supply battered gluten free fish and chips daily of the week.
- Nook – a really cool little cafe with tonnes of gluten free choices, poke bowls, acai bowls and breakfast bowls. I spied plenty of dairy free and vegan choices too as every thing is marked clearly on the wall menu.
- The River Home – a number of gluten free choices out there at this widespread cafe, normally together with a cake possibility. Verify about cross contamination although as their small kitchen will get very busy.
- Eight Stony Road – gluten free pizzas out there right here, however please test how they’re cooked in case you are coeliac.
- White Row Farm Store and Cafe – masses and a great deal of gluten free choices on sale within the store. Superb pastas, desserts, selfmade sausages and so on. The cafe presents numerous gluten free choices together with fish and chips. They’ve a delegated gluten free fryer and supply each dine in and takeaway choices.
- Mes Amis Cafe – in Beckington close to Frome, this cafe presents a choice of gluten free and vegan choices. Choices embrace desserts and light-weight meals.
The proper base for the bracing uphill stroll to Glastonbury Tor, one of the crucial well-known landmarks within the county and the topic of legend!
- Pie & Tart – this absolutely gluten free cafe is a small haven for coeliacs. Truffles, quiches, pasties and light-weight lunches can be found right here. They provide plenty of vegan and dairy free choices too.
- Hundred Monkeys Cafe – gluten free choices are clearly marked on the menu and there’s a good array of selection at this cafe.
- Bocabar – this restaurant presents gluten free bread and the employees can speak you thru the gluten free dishes out there on the menu.
- Knights Fish & Chips – presents coeliac secure gluten free fish and chips each Thursday.
- Rainbows Finish Cafe – gluten free choices out there.
- Abbey Tea Rooms – gluten free desserts and even a gluten free afternoon tea out there right here.
Heading to Glastonbury pageant and searching for gluten free foodie suggestions? I’ve been going to the pageant for years and am nonetheless amazed at how gluten free pleasant it has develop into. I’ve written a full Glastonbury Competition information, which was final up to date after the 2019 pageant:
Filled with impartial outlets and a pleasant place for a bit of afternoon wander. Plus there’s a completely gluten free cafe to strive when you are there.
- The Inexperienced Home – an exquisite little place, which has a completely gluten free cafe tucked inside. They’re very eco aware too, which is nice to see.
This village near Yeovil has an awesome gluten free meals choice to strive:
- Chirpy Cottage – proprietor’s husband is gluten illiberal. They provide an enormous array of gluten free choices right here, together with quiches, pies, paninis and full English breakfasts.
I’ve had a few locations in Road really useful to me by my mum:
Equally for Taunton, huge because of a neighborhood coeliac follower for sending me these some high suggestions for me to incorporate right here:
- Mr Miles’ Tea Rooms – good choice of gluten and dairy free desserts, in addition to afternoon tea and breakfast/lunch choices.
- Cosy Membership – nice gluten free menu.
- Albatross – this seafood restaurant has gluten free choices and is ready to cater for coeliacs.
- Augustus – run by the identical individuals as Albatross, with comparable gluten free providing and even bake contemporary gluten free bread for friends.
- Sea Bass Chippy – gluten free battered fish and chips out there daily, a neighborhood tip!
- The Good Earth Restaurant – gluten free cake choices at all times out there. This cafe restaurant makes and energy to cater for all dietary necessities, with gluten free choices on the principle menu too.
- Chapter Two Cafe & Restaurant?
Traditional Somerset seaside, Weston-super-Mare jogs my memory of my childhood (and trying to find the ocean when low tide had uncovered miles of muddy sand!). It’s no glittering vacation spot however makes for a enjoyable afternoon by the ocean, traditional British seaside fashion. Listed below are some gluten free choices when you are there:
- Sand Bay Tea Room – my mum mentioned she had some good gluten free soup right here and gluten free desserts.
- Atlantic Fish Bar – gluten free fish and chips served on Sundays solely.
- The Grove Bistro – point out gluten free meal choices on their web site.
- Bistrot Pierre – this French chain restaurant presents a wide range of gluten free choices, clearly marked within the menu. I had an excellent expertise on the Tub department.
- The Emporium – this cafe at all times have some gluten free choices on their menu.
- Cow & Apple – a burger bar with gluten free buns out there and coeliac pleasant fries.
- Tamburino – Italian restaurant who state on their web site that the majority of their dishes will be made gluten free. They provide gluten free pizza bases however please enquire about any cross contamination danger in case you are coeliac.
- Palmers – this fish and chip store presents gluten free fish and chips each Monday.
In case you are searching for Bristol suggestions (Google tells me it’s not in Somerset, therefore why it’s not included right here!), my standalone gluten free Bristol information is within the works and will likely be stay quickly:
- BRISTOL GLUTEN FREE GUIDE (coming quickly)
I hope you discovered my gluten free Somerset information useful. If you happen to stay regionally and have any additional gluten free Somerset suggestions please do ship them to me at [email protected] and I’ll add to the information.
For extra UK gluten free guides, why not have a learn of one in all these: