Get loopy for cauliflower! This tacky cauliflower casserole filled with bitter cream, bacon, and chive tastes so fabulous no person will miss the spuds.
By: Jodie Defend, MED, RDN
Transfer over mashed potatoes and meet your rival. Cauliflower provides a healthy-ish dimension to this tacky cauliflower casserole filled with bitter cream, bacon, and chives. Cauliflower naturally gives fiber, B-vitamins, and sulfur-containing compounds known as sulforaphane which research counsel helps struggle sure sorts of most cancers. I want recent cauliflower, however frozen florets work nicely too. Not a fan of fat-free merchandise? Use the full-fat variations however take a smaller portion to assist trim energy. For extra fast and wholesome recipes like Mock Mashed Potatoes and Grilled Combined Veggie Bundles, obtain my FREE app Eat Wholesome Do-it-yourself Meals in Minutes.
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
Prep Time = 20
Prepare dinner Time = 30
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 massive head of cauliflower, cored and sliced into floret chunks
- ½ cup olive oil mayonnaise
- ½ cup lowered fats bitter cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese; divided use
- 5 slices cooked uncured bacon, crumbled; divided use
- ¼ cup chopped chives; divided use
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 1 ½- quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Convey a big pot of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook dinner about 10 minutes; drain and put aside to chill.
- Whereas cauliflower is cooking, in a big bowl totally combine collectively the mayonnaise, bitter cream, and half of the cheese, bacon, and chives.
- Add the cauliflower to the cheese combination and stir till nicely coated. Place every little thing into the baking dish and high with remaining cheese, bacon crumbles, and chives. Bake 20 minutes or till cheese is melted.
Dietary Info per (half of cup) serving:196 energy, 9g protein, 6g carbohydrate, 16g fats, 7g saturated fats, 34mg ldl cholesterol, 2g fiber, 332mg sodium, 2g sugar
Photograph Credit score: iStock.