Spicy Vegan Black Bean Burgers which might be good for a cookout! These are spicy and smoky with chipotle chili and cumin, and so they have the goodness of brown rice, oats and walnuts cooked into them. Better of all, they maintain collectively fantastically on the grill. Soy-free and gluten-free.
This Spicy Vegan Black Bean Burger is mouthwateringly yummy, filled with secretly wholesome stuff, and hefty sufficient for the grill. In different phrases, it’s the proper burger for a cookout — and it’s good for you.
I’ve many vegan veggie burger recipes on the weblog, and this one has been round for some time. I’ve made some tweaks to the recipe since I final shared it in 2010, by including cumin and chipotle chili, which makes it not simply smoky and spicy however completely tasty.
The black beans should not the one well being stars on this Spicy Vegan Black Bean Burgers recipe. There are oats right here, and brown rice, and carrots, and walnuts. And also you don’t really want a lot fats in any respect to cook dinner them — in truth, coating your pan with a fast spray of oil is greater than sufficient. Or you possibly can simply roast them with out oil in a nonstick pan and make them freed from all added fat.
11 substances for Spicy Vegan Black Bean Burgers:
- Black beans. Cook dinner your personal, in the event you’d relatively, however I simply opened a few cans.
- Cooked brown rice
- Rolled oats
- Walnuts. They add superb crunch and texture
- Chipotle chili in adobo sauce. For taste and smokiness.
- Cumin. Extra smokiness.
- Garlic powder
- Oil for cooking (in the event you’re watching the weighing scales, or simply need to eat much less added oil, you may go away this out and roast your burgers on a nonstick skillet)
- Optionally available: Sesame seeds (for extra crunch and healthfulness)
How one can make and cook dinner Spicy Vegan Black Bean Burgers (that don’t collapse):
- This recipe is kind of foolproof, and the whole lot comes collectively within the meals processor. However make certain you add them within the order I listing. In case your meals processor bowl can’t maintain all the substances, course of among the substances first, then the remainder, and blend the whole lot collectively in a bowl.
- You’ll begin out by processing the nuts and the oats within the meals processor.
- Add the cumin, chipotle chili and adobo sauce, cilantro, cumin, carrots and garlic to the meals processor, season with salt, give it a whir to combine.
- Lastly add the beans and the rice. Course of till you may have a mix that holds collectively if you press it right into a ball in your fist.
- I wish to make hefty burger patties with these, about three inches in diameter, and the recipe makes 10 of these. You may make smaller or greater patties in keeping with your choice.
- To form your patties, pat them into discs utilizing your palms and fingers, and be sure you clean the sides together with your fingers as you go alongside.
- Coat the underside of a nonstick pan or forged iron skillet with oil and cook dinner the burger patty on all sides till brown spots seem.
- You can also make these burgers forward and freeze them for later. Separate the burger patties with wax paper or parchment paper and retailer in an hermetic freezer container or a bag with a zipper prime. You possibly can throw them frozen on the grill.
This time, I assembled my burgers with vegan mayo blended with a spicy chili garlic sauce earlier than layering on spinach or spring greens, tomatoes and avocado slices. Slices of onion or a tomato salsa could be scrumptious too. You may also serve these burgers topped with cole slaw or sauerkraut or pickles.
When you make this Black Bean Burger, make sure you let me know within the feedback beneath, or take a photograph and publish on Instagram. Tag me @HolyCowVegan.
Benefit from the Fourth! And keep in mind to maintain your pets protected indoors throughout the fireworks.
Extra recipes to attempt:
Quinoa and Bean Burger
Vegan Bean and Oats Burger
Vegan Beet Burger with Chipotle Cashew Hummus
Vegan Strawberry Pie
Vegan Peach Berry Pie
Potato Salad with Turmeric and Inexperienced Peas
Spicy Vegan Black Bean Burgers recipe:
Spicy Vegan Black Bean Burgers
Spicy Black Bean Burgers which might be good for a cookout! These are spicy and smoky with chipotle chili and cumin, and so they have the goodness of brown rice, oats and walnuts cooked into them. Better of all, they maintain collectively fantastically on the grill. Vegan, soy-free and gluten-free.
Servings: 10 burger patties
- 30 oz canned black beans
- 1 cup rolled or instantaneous oats
- half cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- half cup walnuts
- 1 cup carrots (grated)
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce with 1 tsp of the sauce (use roughly relying in your tolerance for warmth)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (minced)
- 2 tsp floor cumin
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (non-compulsory)
- Salt to style
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (for cooking burgers, or use cooking spray)
Put the walnuts and oats within the processor and pulse till the nuts are damaged down into small items however not powdery.
Add the carrots, cilantro, cumin, garlic powder, sesame seeds if utilizing, and salt. Pulse to combine, then add the drained black beans, rice and ketchup. Course of till the beans are damaged into small bits and the combination holds collectively if you type a ball together with your fingers or fist.
Kind three-inch discs with the combination. Cowl a forged iron or nonstick skillet with oil and cook dinner the burgers till brown and black spots seem on all sides.
Assemble the burgers with vegan mayo blended with a spicy sauce like chili garlic sauce or sriracha, greens like spinach or lettuce, tomatoes, onions and avocados.
Energy: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 7g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Potassium: 348mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 43.4% | Vitamin C: 3.8% | Calcium: 5.2% | Iron: 12.6%