Simmer pure elements for a fast Strawberry Rhubarb Jam recipe with chia seeds with minimal added sugar and recent taste. It’s wealthy in wholesome fat, Vitamin C, and fiber!
Strawberry Rhubarb Jam with Chia Seeds
I’m all the time in search of wholesome variations of meals my youngsters love and whereas I don’t typically have the time or vitality to make selfmade jam the normal means, I like making fast chia jam. This recipe is made with a number of fruit and makes use of chia seeds to thicken it so that you don’t want to face by the range endlessly stirring.
It’s additionally very low in added sugars so that you truly style the fruit within the jam, moderately than simply sweetness. We love this on toast, in plain yogurt, or spooned over oatmeal. And I like how properly it shops within the freezer!
Elements in Low Sugar Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
To make this jam you’ll want:
- Orange juice
- Chia seeds
- Maple syrup
Can I make it with out the added sweetener?
You completely can and I get pleasure from it that means. It could be too tart for the children although, so see what you suppose and regulate. It’s simple to stir within the maple syrup proper on the finish precisely to your tastes.
Find out how to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Jam Step-by-Step
- Add the chopped fruit to a medium saucepan.
- Simmer with the juice till mushy.
- Add chia seeds.
- Stir properly.
- Cowl and let sit.
- Mix clean and luxuriate in!
Can I make this chia jam with different fruit?
You’ll be able to attempt blueberries or raspberries as a substitute of the strawberries. Regulate the sweetness as wanted based mostly on the sweetness of the fruit.
What do you want to make use of this low sugar jam on?
We prefer it on toast, in sandwiches with almond butter, and stirred into plain yogurt and oatmeal. It’s a pleasant supply of fruit to have available on the finish of the week when the crisper may be low on recent produce!
What containers are greatest for freezing this jam?
This recipe makes Three half-pints, so I prefer to hold one within the fridge to make use of this week and put the opposite two into the freezer. I take advantage of these freezer containers for storage. (You possibly can additionally reduce the recipe in half to make a smaller quantity if desired.)
Greatest Suggestions for Strawberry Rhubarb Jam with Chia Seeds
- Stir the jam 3-Four occasions whereas it’s cooking to make sure that the fruit cooks evenly.
- Scale back the warmth barely if it’s boiling and/or put the lid on barely off middle so it’s largely coated however some steam can escape.
- Let the jam sit as soon as the chia seeds are added in order that they have an opportunity to plump up.
- Sweeten to style to fit your personal preferences.
I’d love to listen to your suggestions in the event you do that recipe so please remark under to share.
You may make a batch of this jam and luxuriate in some now and a few later by stashing some within the freezer.
- 1 quart strawberries (about Three cups roughly diced with stems eliminated)
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/Three cup chia seeds
- 2–4 tablespoons maple syrup, as desired
- Add the berries, rhubarb, and juice to a medium saucepan set over medium warmth. Deliver to a simmer and canopy.
- Cook dinner for 15-20 minutes, stirring often till the fruit could be very mushy. If it begins to bubble vigorously, cut back the warmth barely and/or put the lid on barely askew to permit some steam to flee. Take away from warmth.
- Stir in chia seeds. Cowl and let sit for about 20 minutes.
- Mix in a standard blender or with an immersion blender. This step is non-obligatory however I discover that my youngsters like this higher when the rhubarb is mixed in.
- Pour into half-pint mason jars, freezer containers, or different hermetic storage containers. Seal and let cool.
- Retailer within the fridge for as much as 5 days or within the freezer for as much as Three months.
Stir the jam 3-Four occasions whereas it’s cooking to make sure that the fruit cooks evenly.
Scale back the warmth barely if it’s boiling and/or put the lid on barely off middle so it’s largely coated however some steam can escape.
Let the jam sit as soon as the chia seeds are added in order that they have an opportunity to plump up.
Sweeten to style to fit your personal preferences.