I really like an excellent curry. Thai, indian or something in between. Particularly when its completed in 1-pot like this vegan chickpea cauliflower curry. This dish has extra of an Indian flavour with the garam marsala. I get floor garam marsala, which you’ll just about discover at any grocery retailer that has an ethnic aisle. This curry is tremendous easy to place collectively on a weeknight. What I really like much more about this recipe is how nice it tastes the subsequent day, so its an excellent one for meal prep. I ate it for a pair days in a row for lunch and seemed ahead to it.
Sneaking cauliflower on this dish can also be sensible, because it provides extra diet, and also you don’t get the cauliflower style. All of the flavorful spices masks the veggies. So it could possibly be an incredible child pleasant choice in case your kiddos like curry model dishes. Its not spicy, simply has a variety of taste. I appreciated to chop the cauliflower fairly small, so its small and blends into the dish properly.
Its a type of staple vegan dishes that’s nice while you’re within the temper for a hearty meal. Additionally, if you happen to’re trying to undertake extra plant based mostly dishes into your diet and are a fan of Indian meals, I believe you’ll actually like this one. Its fairly wealthy, however as a result of decrease fats coconut milk is used, it isn’t calorie laden. Per serving its 268 energy, and its filling!
So to your subsequent Meatless Monday, or while you’re searching for an excellent 1-pot dish, hope you give this one a strive! Let me know what you assume!
Vegan Chickpea Cauliflower Curry
Writer: Kristine Fretwell
Recipe kind: Foremost
- 1 14 ozcan gentle coconut milk
- 2 14 ozcans no-salt added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Three cups uncooked cauliflower, chopped into small items
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp contemporary garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp contemporary ginger, minced
- four tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or use salt to style)
- 1 28 ozcan no-salt added diced tomatoes with juice
- In a big pot over medium warmth, add oil and chopped onion.
- Prepare dinner the onions for a couple of minutes and add within the spices (garam masala, tumeric, ginger and garlic) and stir collectively till it turns into aromatic.
- Add within the rinsed and drained chickpeas, the can of coconut milk and the can of diced tomatoes with juice.
- Stir collectively, then lastly add within the chopped uncooked cauliflower.
- Simmer collectively till the cauliflower has softened and the stew has thickened.
- Style check and add salt to style.
**optionally available: I added in 2 packets of stevia for a contact of sweetness
Serving dimension: 1 heaping cup Energy: 268 Fats: 8.Three g Saturated fats: 3.9 g Unsaturated fats: 3.7 g Trans fats: 0 Carbs: 38 g Sugar: 6 g Sodium: 365 mg Fiber: 7.5 g Protein: 10.four g Ldl cholesterol: Zero mg