Ginger Beer is an outstanding digestive tonic and refreshing beverage that I under no circumstances deemed generating at dwelling till it became well known in the regional Seattle meals scene. Regrettably, a regional ginger beer spot in my location sells the stuff for $17 for 32 ounces (that is about $66 per gallon), so naturally, I wanted to make my personal at dwelling.
Now I’m thankful it is so high-priced to invest in, since it forced me to build up my personal non-fermented ginger beer recipe, which I’m sharing with you right here currently.
Homemade Ginger Beer Recipe:
Prep time: five-10 minutes
- 1/two cup lemon juice (from about three lemons, seeds removed)
- 1/three cup organic cane sugar
- five teaspoons ginger juice (juiced from about .two pounds of fresh ginger root, I use this juicer)
- 24oz carbonated water
- Gather 1/two cup lemon juice from about three lemons applying a lemon reamer or a fork. Strain briefly to take away the seeds.
- Juice sufficient peeled ginger applying a juicer to quantity to at least five teaspoons of fresh ginger juice (from about 1/five pound of peeled ginger root).
- In a glass airtight container, combine the sugar, lemon juice, ginger juice and stir till the sugar is dissolved. Let sit for five minutes if vital.
- As soon as the sugar has dissolved totally, pour in 24 ounces of carbonated water.
- Seal the container, shake briefly and spot in the fridge to chill.
I like applying this homemade ginger beer recipe as a digestive tonic and to make cocktails at dwelling.
What is your preferred way to use ginger beer? Please share in the comments!