I really like it when consumers and followers give me yummy recipe concepts, like this Tofu Tikka Masala! I’ll admit we do not cook tofu all that usually at property. I guess I’ve never ever truly located a tofu recipe that has blown me away. I’d say this a single is fairly darn close to undertaking that!
This dish is completely proper for small ones as properly, as it is SPICED with out becoming SPICY. Give it a attempt and let me know what you feel!
*Note: You could quickly substitute chicken or chickpeas in this recipe, or do a combo!
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/two tsp ground turmeric
- 1/four tsp salt
- 1 standard package further-firm tofu
- 1 tbsp oil (coconut operates properly for the flavour)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- four cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/three cup tomato paste
- two cups cherry tomatoes, quartered (or 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained)
- 1 can coconut milk (complete fat ~1 three/four cups)
- two tbsp white wine vinegar
- two tsp soy sauce
- two tsp coconut sugar (optional but suggested)
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro to taste
- Mix spice blend with each other.
- Pat tofu dry and reduce into compact cubes.
- Heat oil in Immediate Pot on Sauté setting. Add onions and cook till translucent. Add garlic, ginger and cook for a different minute. Then add spices from spice mixture and cook a different 30 seconds.
- Add bell pepper and tomato paste and cook for a different 1-two minutes. Then add tomatoes and cook for a different 1-two minutes till soft. Turn off the heat.
- Add tofu cubes, coconut milk, white wine vinegar, soy sauce and coconut sugar and stir to combine.
- Cook on low slow cooker setting for four-six hours, OR higher for two-three hours OR save oneself some time and cook on Higher Stress for 20 minutes.
- Following cooking, season with salt, lemon juice and fresh cilantro. Serve with rice or naan.